"This is the time of my life,” are the words being sung right now via my iPod by American Idol winner David Cook. As I sit here listening to the words it dawns on me that “this is the time to be more than a name or a face in the crowd.” The last few years I have been waiting for my dreams to turn into something and looking for that magic rainbow that would just make things easier. I realized recently after experiencing the lowest point in my life that I needed to stop waiting for my dreams and looking for that magic rainbow, but to rise from the ashes that I found myself in and start tasting every moment and living those dreams of mine out loud – whatever it may be.
In the past, I feel like I have lived my life based on how others view me. Afraid of how they would react to something I did and said or vice versa. Wondering what I did this time to receive their judgment or if judgment was coming. My dreams are my dreams, not someone else’s and I should not let someone’s opinion keep me from my achieving some of them. Neither should you!
Well for me, that all stops now! I am now starting to come alive, body and soul. I will no more hold onto opinions of others. My feet are firmly placed on the ground, with my arms open wide, ready to take on the world. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
Over the next 52 weeks, I plan to live by those lyrics, “This is the time of my life,” through a series of blog articles titled Project 52. I have many dreams (goals) that I want to live out loud. Project 52 will be the foundation for these dreams and others that may form along the way as I realize that no dream happens overnight. In order for me to be successful with each goal, I know I need to find within me the COURAGE to make a plan, the STRENGTH to follow that plan through to the end, and the DETERMINATION to stick with that plan once it’s been completed.
Project 52 isn’t just about achieving my goals, but helping you to achieve yours. With that said, each week I may blog about a new goal, give updates on one I currently blogged about, provide you with information that I felt was useful in helping me reach a goal in case you have a similar goal, or all the above.
Beginning on Monday, August 1, 2011, I will post my first blog with other posts to follow each Monday thereafter. This project isn’t complete until I have reached 52 blog posts. Hopefully, it will be 52 weeks.
This is the time of MY LIFE!

No comments:
Post a Comment